Link the following sentences with one of the following link words :
As, since, that’s why, consequently, so, in order to, so as to for + ing, for … to. Make the necessary changer.
1) John bought a second car. He didn’t want his wife to walk to work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) I phoned the doctor last night. The baby had a very high fever.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) Lucy will be fined. She drove over the speed limit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) Peter stole the old woman’s bag. The judge will condemn him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5) We’ll hurry up. We want to catch the train.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6) I haven’t heard from him for a long time. I’ll call him tonight.
7) Jim and I went to the restaurant. We wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
Cool My father had the car mended. He had had an accident.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9) The children were feeling very tired. They had been dancing all night.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------